Time Allotted and Attempts
The instructions below include important details on exam navigation and submitting your exam answers.
- Exams must be completed in one sitting.
- Each exam has a specific amount of time allotted and a specific number of questions, which is clearly stated in the exam module.
- Exams must be submitted within the time allotted, before the online exam timer expires. Once the timer expires, all responses at the time of expiration will be automatically submitted and graded, even if you did not click the 'Submit' button. Invigilators must be present for the entirety of the exam.
For more information on the time allotted, refer to the exam course description (by clicking on the exam title in the LMS), or review our Exam Study Guides.
- Once your sponsor has entered the confidential PIN and you have clicked the 'Start attempt' button, your attempt will start, and the timer will begin to count down.
- Once you submit your exam results and/or the time allotted for the exam expires, the exam is considered complete and cannot be restarted.
- You may retake the exam multiple times; however, you are only permitted one attempt at a time.
- You must wait 30 days between each attempt. This time should be spent reviewing the learning module. The system will automatically prevent you from retaking the exam until the month period has passed. At any given time, you can log in to the LMS, access an exam module, click on the exam link, and the system will show you the date and time in which the exam will be available for you to re-take.
I'm a new Sponsor. How do I get started?
Below is a link to articles that will help you get started in supporting your Trainee(s) in their Roadmap to Registration: Getting Started Signing In System Requirements Supported Browsers Enabling Popups Navigating the LMS as a Sponsor Roadmap What ...
I'm a new Trainee. How do I get started?
It can take some time for your account on the Learning Management System (LMS) to be fully ready for you to access your modules. Below is a link to articles that will help you get started in understanding and completing your Roadmap to Registration. ...
Due to COVID-19, the ABCFP has made temporary changes to the Invigilation section (page 2) of the Exam Rules: LMS Online Exams, in effect until further notice. Read about the temporary changes - COVID-19 Temporary Changes to Exam Invigilation Print ...
I'm ready to retake my exam. What do I do?
Are you Eligible to Retake the Exam? If you previously did not reach a passing mark on an exam, you may retake the exam after 30 days has passed. The LMS will force this 30-day period and not allow you to retake the exam until the time has passed. ...
Due to COVID-19, the ABCFP has made temporary changes to the Invigilation section (page 2) of the Exam Rules: LMS Online Exams, in effect until further notice. Read about the temporary changes - COVID-19 Temporary Changes to Exam Invigilation Read ...