Sponsors: Finding the Confidential PIN Required to Start a Trainee's Exam
The confidential PIN required to launch your trainee's exam is only visible to you (the sponsor) within the LMS, when viewing the Exam module from the trainee's roadmap. There are two ways to find the Confidential PINS on the LMS. You can either find the most recent PINs in the resources section of the Sponsor orientation Module, or via your Trainee's roadmap.
Please read the following important information in its entirety:
- Exam PINs are confidential and should not be shared with the examinee or any other person, except a member-designate whom you may appoint to invigilate the exam if you are unable to do so in accordance with the exam rules
- PINs are case sensitive and do not include any spaces.
- PINs are updated regularly. You will need to check this PIN the same day as assisting your trainee in starting the exam.
- When a trainee views their exam page, the confidential PIN will not be displayed for them (see below). Only the sponsor view of the trainee's exam will display the PIN.
Once you have retrieved the PIN, your trainee can sign in to the LMS and start their exam.
To see the PIN through your trainee's roadmap:
- Log in to the LMS
- Click on "Team"
3. Click "Roadmap" under your trainee's name
4. Click on the Roadmap name shown (e.g. "Forester in Training")
You are now viewing a copy of your trainee's roadmap (image below).
5. Scroll down and click on the name of the Exam you are invigilating.
You have opened the exam page (image below)
6. Scroll down on the Exam page. The confidential pin will display in the CONFIDENTIAL PIN section of the page (see below).
Starting an Exam
Due to COVID-19, the FPBC has made temporary changes to the Invigilation section (page 2) of the Exam Rules: LMS Online Exams, in effect until further notice. Read about the temporary changes - COVID-19 Temporary Changes to Exam Invigilation To start ...
Preparing for Invigilating a Trainee's Exam
Before your trainee starts an exam, review the following information. Review the content on the exam page on the Learning Management System (LMS). Review the Exam Study Guides and other study resources available from the LMS. Read the Exam Rules: ...
What do I do if my sponsor cannot invigilate my exam?
Due to COVID-19, the FPBC has made temporary changes to the Invigilation section (page 2) of the Exam Rules: LMS Online Exams, in effect until further notice. Read about the temporary changes - COVID-19 Temporary Changes to Exam Invigilation Sponsors ...
Preparing for an Exam
Before taking an exam, do the following: Review the content on the exam page on the Learning Management System (LMS). Review the Exam Study Guides and other study resources available from the LMS. Review the Starting an Exam instructions. Read the ...
I'm a new Sponsor. How do I get started?
Below is a link to articles that will help you get started in supporting your Trainee(s) in their Roadmap to Registration: Getting Started Signing In System Requirements Supported Browsers Enabling Popups Navigating the LMS as a Sponsor Roadmap What ...