As an enrolled member, you must have a sponsor during your articling period. Among other things, your sponsor agrees to oversee your growth and development as you work towards becoming a registered forest professional.
- Get recommendations or suggestions from friends and colleagues.
- Network within your community. Who do you look up to? Who are you comfortable with?
- Use the public version of the member directory to identify individuals who live or work within your area.
- Contact the registration department for assistance. Email us a copy of your resume which can be shared and provide details on the geographic area that you are looking in. We will check our list to see if a volunteer is available in your desired area.
- If you are looking for the FIT or ASFIT program, your sponsor must be an active or retired RPF in good standing.
- Your sponsor can be your supervisor, a co-worker, an employer or someone else in the community.
- A sponsor cannot be related by blood or marriage.
- An enrolled member cannot be in a position of authority over the sponsor.