I'm ready to retake my exam. What do I do?
Are you Eligible to Retake the Exam?
If you previously did not reach a passing mark on an exam, you may retake the exam after 30 days has passed. The LMS will force this 30-day period and not allow you to retake the exam until the time has passed.
- At any given time, you can click on the exam link in the module to see if you are eligible to retake it.
- If you are NOT eligible to retake the exam, the system will display a message indicating when the exam will become available for retake.
- If you ARE eligible to retake the exam, a blue Re-attempt exam button will display.
- Once the LMS indicates that your re-take is possible, you will need to schedule the exam re-take with your invigilator.
Retaking the Exam
- Make sure you re-read the Exam Rules document and all exam tips in this Knowledge Base.
- With your Invigilator and you present, start the exam following the instructions noted here.
- The system will automatically enforce whether you are allowed to retake the exam (see above). When the exam is available for retake, click the Re-attempt exam button. Your Invigilator will be prompted to enter the confidential PIN. You will then be able to start the exam.
- Once you have submitted the exam, the Summary of your previous attempts will be updated to show your new and previous attempts.
Key Exam Tips
Review the following key tips before taking an exam: AREA TIP Print and Review Print a copy of the Exam Rules document and keep it available during your exam. Internet Stability Ensure you will have a stable, uninterrupted internet connection for ...
Preparing for an Exam
Before taking an exam, do the following: Review the content on the exam page on the Learning Management System (LMS). Review the Exam Study Guides and other study resources available from the LMS. Review the Starting an Exam instructions. Read ...
Starting an Exam
Due to COVID-19, the ABCFP has made temporary changes to the Invigilation section (page 2) of the Exam Rules: LMS Online Exams, in effect until further notice. Read about the temporary changes - COVID-19 Temporary Changes to Exam Invigilation To ...
Submitting an Exam
Once you have answered all questions in an exam, you are ready to submit your exam. Please also note that the exam will be submitted automatically for you if the time limit on the exam is expired. Once you reach the last page of the exam, a Finish ...
Preparing for Invigilating a Trainee's Exam
Before your trainee starts an exam, review the following information. Review the content on the exam page on the Learning Management System (LMS). Review the Exam Study Guides and other study resources available from the LMS. Read the Exam Rules: ...