Due to COVID-19, the FPBC has made temporary changes to the Invigilation section (page 2) of the Exam Rules: LMS Online Exams, in effect until further notice.
Read this entire article for details regarding invigilation.
Sponsors are responsible for exam invigilation. The invigilator is responsible for overseeing the enrolled member’s conduct during the
exam, including the following:
- Appropriate monitoring that no other software is
running and that no other electronic devices are available at the time of the
exam. Click here for more information regarding closed book exam requirements.
- The invigilator should ensure that the examinee follows all Exam Rules and
instructions as noted herein and in the Exam Rules document..
- The invigilator must enter the confidential PIN on the enrolled member’s exam
screen at the start of the exam (see How do I find the confidential PIN required to start an enrolled member's exam?).
- The invigilator should be present until the enrolled member submits the exam or the time allotted expires.
In cases where a sponsor cannot perform this particular duty, sponsors and their enrolled member must agree on a member-designate to invigilate the exam on the sponsor’s behalf.
- Member-designates can be an RPF, RFT, or NRP on active or retired status who is not a subordinate of, or related to, the applicant by blood or marriage.
- Member-designates must be approved by the sponsor ahead of the exam time.
- The sponsor must provide the member-designate with the enrolled member’s confidential PIN before the exam is started. Read the ‘Confidential PIN’ section below.
Confidential Exam PINs
- Confidential PINS must not be shared with the examinee or any other individual, and must be kept with the
sponsor or member-designate.
- The invigilator must be ready with the PIN before the exam starts. Please note that confidential PINs are changed regularly. The invigilator must retrieve the confidential PIN in a timely manner before invigilating an exam.
- Sponsor Access to PIN: Sponsors need to sign-in separately to the LMS to find the exam confidential PIN. Confidential PINs are displayed on the exam module page, and in the Sponsor Orientation module. They are only visible to sponsors. Read How do I find the confidential PIN required to start an enrolled member's exam? for details.