Navigating the LMS as a Learner
The Home Page
After logging into the LMS
, you will be taken directly to the Home
page. The Home page contains a number of critical components, described in the following sections.
The top of each page in the system has a header, which contains several links to key pages in the system. Specifically:
- The left side of the header contains links to your Home page, Dashboard page and Record of Learning, described below.
- Home: Returns you to this Home page.
- Dashboard: Takes to the Dashboard page.
- Record of Learning: Takes you to a page detailing your entire learning history.
- The right side of the page contains links to your system messaging, notifications and your profile.
- Messaging enables you to send and receive messages to other LMS users, including your sponsor and ABCFP LMS Help.
- Notifications will show you automated system notifications regarding document submissions, grading by your sponsor, announcements and more. When you have new notifications in the system, the number of new notifications will appear in red will appear next to the notifications icon.
- Clicking on your name shows the Profile menu, allowing you to view your own profile, access the above links and log out of the system.
Most pages in the system, including the Home page, will have 'widgets' on the left and sometimes right side of the page, known as blocks. These blocks provide links to other important information and/or functionality. For example, the Home page includes the following blocks:
- Resume Last Module: Takes you directly to the last module on which you were working. See How do I resume the last module I was working on? for more information.
- Roadmap: Enables you to open the full roadmap or expand the block to access the last module(s) on which you were working and your roadmap progress. See How do I find my roadmap? for more information.
- Need Help?: Provides links to this Knowledge Base, as well as support telephone and hours.
The center of the Home page includes announcements from the ABCFP. Click on the name of an announcement to view it.
Additional Navigation Elements
Every page in the system will have 'breadcrumbs' below the page header. You can use the breadcrumbs to easily return to a previous page by clicking on the breadcrumb.
When in a module, an additional block will display, the Module block. The Module block will be titled with the name of the module. This block enables you to access each section of the module, as well as view your module gradebook, where relevant.
Note that each time you see a
icon in the system, this indicates a menu that can be clicked on and expanded.
Navigating the LMS as a Sponsor
The Home Page After logging into the LMS, you will be taken directly to the Home page. The Home page contains a number of critical components, described in the following sections. Header The top of each page in the system has a header, which contains ...
I'm a new Enrolled Member. How do I get started?
Below is a link to articles that will help you get started in understanding and completing your Roadmap to Registration: Getting Started Signing In System Requirements Supported Browsers Enabling Popups Navigating the LMS as a Learner Sponsors ...
I'm a new Sponsor. How do I get started?
Below is a link to articles that will help you get started in supporting your Enrolled Member(s) in their Roadmap to Registration: Getting Started Signing In System Requirements Supported Browsers Enabling Popups Navigating the LMS as a Sponsor ...
The Learning Management System (LMS) can only be accessed through the ABCFP website. You must sign in to the LMS using your existing ABCFP website login credentials. To sign in: Access the LMS Sign-in page from our website at https://abcfp.ca/web. ...
Reviewing a Document Uploaded By Your Enrolled Member
Enrolled members are required to upload documents for sponsor or ABCFP review as part of certain modules in their roadmap. Specifically, you will need to review documents uploaded as part of the following application modules that may be part of your ...