Navigating the LMS as a Sponsor
The Home Page
After logging into the LMS
, you will be taken directly to the Home
page. The Home page contains a number of critical components, described in the following sections.
The top of each page in the system has a header, which contains several links to key pages in the system. Specifically:
- The left side of the header contains links to your Home page, Dashboard page and Record of Learning, described below.
- Home: Returns you to this Home page.
- Dashboard: Takes you to the Dashboard page.
- Record of Learning: Takes you to a page detailing your entire learning history.
- Team:Takes you to a page from which you can access your enrolled member(s)' roadmap. You can also see their record of learning (history) from here.
- The right side of the page contains links to your system messaging, notifications and your profile.
- Messaging enables you to send and receive messages to other LMS users, including your sponsor and ABCFP LMS Help.
- Notifications will show you automated system notifications regarding document submissions, grading by your sponsor, announcements and more. When you have new notifications in the system, the number of new notifications will appear in red will appear next to the notifications icon.
- Clicking on your name allows you to log out of the system.
Most pages in the system, including the Home page, will have 'widgets' on the left and sometimes right side of the page, known as blocks. These blocks provide links to other important information and/or functionality. For example, the Home page includes the following blocks:
- Resume Last Module: Takes you directly to the last module on which you were working. See How do I resume the last module I was working on? for more information.
- Roadmap: Enables you to open the full roadmap or expand the block to access the last module(s) on which you were working and your roadmap progress. See How do I find my roadmap? for more information.
- Need Help?: Provides links to this Knowledge Base, as well as support telephone and hours.
The center of the Home page includes announcements from the ABCFP. Click on the name of an announcement to view it.
Additional Navigation Elements
Every page in the system will have 'breadcrumbs' below the page header. You can use the breadcrumbs to easily return to a previous page by clicking on the breadcrumb.
When in a module, an additional block will display, the Module block. The Module block will be titled with the name of the module. This block enables you to access each section of the module, as well as view your module gradebook, where relevant.
Note that each time you see a
icon in the system, this indicates a menu that can be clicked on and expanded.
Navigating the LMS as a Learner
The Home Page After logging into the LMS, you will be taken directly to the Home page. The Home page contains a number of critical components, described in the following sections. Header The top of each page in the system has a header, which contains ...
I'm a new Sponsor. How do I get started?
Below is a link to articles that will help you get started in supporting your Enrolled Member(s) in their Roadmap to Registration: Getting Started Signing In System Requirements Supported Browsers Enabling Popups Navigating the LMS as a Sponsor ...
Finding the Confidential PIN Required to Start an Enrolled Member's Exam
The confidential PIN required to launch your enrolled member's exam is only visible to you (the sponsor) within the LMS, when viewing the Exam module from the enrolled member's roadmap. Please read the following important information in its entirety: ...
What do I do if my sponsor cannot invigilate my exam?
Due to COVID-19, the ABCFP has made temporary changes to the Invigilation section (page 2) of the Exam Rules: LMS Online Exams, in effect until further notice. Read about the temporary changes - COVID-19 Temporary Changes to Exam Invigilation ...
Finding a Sponsor
As an enrolled member, you must have a sponsor during your articling period. Among other things, your sponsor agrees to oversee your growth and development as you work towards becoming a registered forest professional. How Do I Find a Sponsor? Get ...