What is the Roadmap to Registration?
The ABCFP registration process is a module-based approach built upon six experience areas that the profession believes are critical for forest professionals. This process is designed to build knowledge and a professional mind-set from the moment a new member is enrolled. The six experience area modules include the following:
- Regulation and Ethics
- Professional Reliance
- BC Forest Professionals Working with Aboriginal Communities
- Forest Legislation and Policy
- The Business of Forestry
- Communicating Professional Advice
Each ABCFP designation then contains a varying set of modules from the experience areas listed above that comprise what is called your 'roadmap.' The modules must be completed online via the learning management system (LMS) in order to complete your registration process. The modules include a combination of the following:
- Orientation module: Provides an overview of the enrolled member process.
- All enrolled members are automatically enrolled and required to go through the orientation materials.
- All sponsors are automatically enrolled in a sponsor orientation module, as well.
- Learning modules: Provide information and learning materials, may contain embedded quizzes designed for knowledge retention. See Learning Modules for more information.
- Professional document submissions, including:
- Application modules: Require submission of professional documents for review and approval by a sponsor. See Application Modules for more information.
- Checkpoints: Key points within your roadmap where you must indicate completion of a specific task, after which an ABCFP staff member will review and mark you as complete or provide feedback on missing materials/steps.
- Exam modules: Formally test your knowledge and understanding gained from completed learning modules.
Important Roadmap Information
Review the following important information regarding working with your roadmap: All of the modules you must complete to become registered are listed on your roadmap. Note: Core competency and articling requirements are to be completed outside of the ...
Accessing Your Enrolled Member's Roadmap
Log in to the LMS. Open the Teams page. Click on the Roadmap link below the enrolled member you wish to view. The user's roadmap overview will display, including: A description of and link to the roadmap. The roadmap's due date The enrolled member's ...
How do I find my roadmap?
Accessing Your Roadmap from the Dashboard Click Dashboard at the top of the LMS page. The Dashboard displays, and the Roadmap block appears in the center of the page. Accessing Your Roadmap from Other LMS Pages On the left-hand side of every page ...
I'm a new Sponsor. How do I get started?
Below is a link to articles that will help you get started in supporting your Enrolled Member(s) in their Roadmap to Registration: Getting Started Signing In System Requirements Supported Browsers Enabling Popups Navigating the LMS as a Sponsor ...
I'm a new Enrolled Member. How do I get started?
Below is a link to articles that will help you get started in understanding and completing your Roadmap to Registration: Getting Started Signing In System Requirements Supported Browsers Enabling Popups Navigating the LMS as a Learner Sponsors ...